To spark the students’ interest, students spent time browsing through picture books, cartoons, and non-fiction books building background knowledge about cells. On an index card, students wrote down things they noticed, wondered and learnt as they looked through the books. Finally, in groups, students shared what they noticed and were given one class period to prepare a group poster about cells.
Next step :
- to create 3D models of both plant and animal cells and explore their differences
- identify the different parts of a cell and their functions
- understand that cells are the building blocks of all living things
- explore the different organ systems and how they interact with one another
- explore what our body systems need in order to survive
- explore a disease and its impact of the different body systems